Time for reflection on NPS!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time for reflection on NPS!

Why the continual harassment from the NPS? Why the insults and lack of community participation by NPS management? Why the bad attitude from the rangers? Why the lies and deceit from resource management and monitors? Think about it!

Everyday someone comes in the store and tells the story of being insulted by the local Nazi rangers. Most often anymore it is about the precious NPS permit and that it is displayed wrong or any of a bunch of other bull. Oh my god you ran a stop sign at the ramp (the one hidden behind the dumpster and Mr. Ranger what were you doing hiding in the bushes?). You didn't have your seat belt on - I did too - no you didn't and I am going to have to shoot you.

The situation on Hatteras Island is out of control. Why would enforcement want these confrontational situations to happen or even encourage the rangers to act like the Gestapo? Pretty easy answer it is. NPS had years to do vehicle ramp counts, visitation on the beaches counts, and on and on but they never did anything because they understood that once their most cherished plan was in place the loss of tourist and dollars and everything could be measured. Pretty simple isn't it? Don't measure anything and even the smartest judge in the world can be lied too.

Well now they have their plan but they can't justify it with resource gains so here we go again - They have to fabricate situations where there really are a bunch of bad asses out there running up and down the beach breaking the law. The only people I see breaking their precious law is THEM!

We were on Pole Road the other night at 10:30 pm, perfectly legal, and there on the beach is the local NPS mounty with a multi million power search light shinning it here and there. When he noticed us he flew off the beach at 40 mph or so to one of the cross over paths and then down Pole Road he came. Slowed to a crawl and then drove on by. Of course please remember that his truck does not hurt turtles nor does his light do any harm whatsoever to birds, turtles, and he was really looking for what?

Upper management in this seashore has decided to eliminate us. They will do it by lying, writing junk tickets, and by half truths. Cyndy Holda needs to get out and go back to Mann's Harbor. Better yet, retire with Mike Murray and get the hell out of Dare County because you did you lying job. Paul Stevens, how about taking on your Rambo-Gestapo ranger and send him somewhere else. Thayer Broli when was the last time you checked it out for yourself? Another biased monitor making decisions on when Cape Point opens and nobody including management knows if there really is a bird out there or just a bird brained idiot.

This seashore needs a congressional investigation but it won't happen; everybody is too busy trying to get elected to care.

Call your senator and tell this story,

Bob Eakes

A prime example.

They can't possibly commit to anything about beach open to ORVs for the NCBBA Red Drum tourney until a new supt is here. Not even the words of the Final Rule. Right.

Heck anyone in NPS would be a fool or uninformed believer of the SELC et al propaganda to apply for supt job considering the situation they have put in place. Could be years before one gets here.
    Cheers Ya'll

Ted A. Hamilton
    (aka Salvo Jimmy)
    Life Member of:
    NCBBA, OBPA, CHAC
    Fish Militia, Chicamacomico
    NCR&PA. Sub League
    US Sub Vets

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo Jimmy View Post
      A prime example.

They can't possibly commit to anything about beach open to ORVs for the NCBBA Red Drum tourney until a new supt is here. Not even the words of the Final Rule. Right.

Heck anyone in NPS would be a fool or uninformed believer of the SELC et al propaganda to apply for supt job considering the situation they have put in place. Could be years before one gets here.
      NPS knows EXACTLY what they are doing down here. They sat by for 24 years and did not do thier job with a ORV plan and "whoops" Vasseli Mattei gets a reckless driving ticket and his defense is there is no ORV plan... Amazing. Within 3 weeks a lawsuit is dropped with fully researched case law to support closure and the two incompetent rube US attourney's roll over and play dead giving everything to DOW/SELC/et al...
      NPS now just sits back and continues to do nothing saying "sorry the rules say..." and do nothing for the men and women of this country.
      As Ginny said a few years ago when she was spoken to at connors by someone from the dark side.. " We got everything we wanted"

Comment

Money talks and if they have their way we won't even be able to walk. Headed down with a large family group in 2 weeks. Some ran on the beach in Cape Cod and then went back years later to say it wasn't fun anymore. NPS picking M. Murray as Supt. was no coincidence. Probably $400 going to NPS for permits...for more leos and
        "ramps and parking/boardwalks" that the econazis will fight tooth and nail.
        We'll be down and do our best to have fun and spend what we can to keep HI going.
        J.B
        the beach belongs to the people!

Comment

I'd appreciate an update on all the new construction of ramps and parking lots etc. promised in the Plan...
          NCBBA Secret Agent #13007
          OBPA Member #2475
          CCA-NC Member #1350201
          CHAC #1775
          Ya cain't win it if ya ain't in it.

Comment

I just sent it to Kay Hagan and Richard Burr. I'm about to take it to Obama. Not that it will do any good. But I don't guess it will hurt.

Comment

You have to love NPS and Their Bull. They can't find their precious last piping plover chick on Cape Point so they create a new category of Unk. They wait two weeks after the recovery plan sayes the Point should open or two weeks after the birds are fledged to open and then they can't find their bird. Go figure. Maybe the damn thing flew away! Duh Huh, that would be too easy.

They are just a pack of liars.

Bob Eakes

Comment

You have to love NPS and Their Bull. They can't find their precious last piping plover chick on Cape Point so they create a new category of Unk. They wait two weeks after the recovery plan sayes the Point should open or two weeks after the birds are fledged to open and then they can't find their bird. Go figure. Maybe the damn thing flew away! Duh Huh, that would be too easy.

They are just a pack of liars.

Bob Eakes

Comment

I haven't been able to find the answer as to how many people are allowed per vehicle...I'll be down most of October and my counting my wife and daughter there will be at times five of us in my Tahoe. Somewhere on a thread or post elsewhere that the limit per vehicle was four (is that adults?).
                  As to harassment, last year when I was on the beach and was standing by my truck with all my poles on the truck and none in the water. The hot shot NPS ranger immediately pulled up and asked to see my fishing license. I was tempted to tell him I wasn't fishing, but didn't want to get in a spitting match. I did manage to remind him that where he says he went to school, Ohio State, has not won a game yet against an SEC team. That went over well and at least made me feel better.

Comment

I haven't been able to find the answer as to how many people are allowed per vehicle...I'll be down most of October and my counting my wife and daughter there will be at times five of us in my Tahoe. Somewhere on a thread or post elsewhere that the limit per vehicle was four (is that adults?).
                    As to harassment, last year when I was on the beach and was standing by my truck with all my poles on the truck and none in the water. The hot shot NPS ranger immediately pulled up and asked to see my fishing license. I was tempted to tell him I wasn't fishing, but didn't want to get in a spitting match. I did manage to remind him that where he says he went to school, Ohio State, has not won a game yet against an SEC team. That went over well and at least made me feel better.

Comment

Originally posted by topdowndan View Post
                      All laws that apply on a NC highway apply on the beach. Seat belts, child seats, sitting on your behind in the bed of a pickup, adult in bed if kids there, no sitting on tailgates, etc etc etc including alcohol open container law.

Bottom line, if it's not allowed on the road, it's not allowed on the beach.
                      Cheers Ya'll

Ted A. Hamilton
                      (aka Salvo Jimmy)
                      Life Member of:
                      NCBBA, OBPA, CHAC
                      Fish Militia, Chicamacomico
                      NCR&PA. Sub League
                      US Sub Vets

Comment

Originally posted by Roninstia View Post
                        I'd appreciate an update on all the new construction of ramps and parking lots etc. promised in the Plan...
                        Here's your update: HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! You gotta be kidding. All of that money is going to hire more rangers. You didn't actually think they'd do what they said they would do, did you? Why build more ramps and parking lots when the ultimate goal is to have no people on the island at all?

Comment

One more time, I salute the NPS

,!,, ,,!,

Comment

Look at the paramilitary thugs they want to pattern their actions like, but more like Clarabelle the clown maybe the good people of Hatteras could hold a fund raiser and buy them squeeze horns so they can really look the part and act it.
                            Used to think rather highly of their profession, now no way.... they sit on the bottom step of the government employees. Thugs, paramilitary wanna-be's people trying to help people enjoy what their tax dollars are paying for no way in hell. Time to boycott the green and gray and make them go off island for every thing they need to live down there.

Comment

I am sure there will be a long list of applicants for Murray's position. There are plenty of guys on ego trips in Civil Service jobs. The Outer Banks would be a great place to live, and everyone will suck up to them. Besides, there are a LOT more liberal leaners in the Fed than conservatives. No problem finding new jerk blood...just look at the clowns that are there now!
                              John
                              O.B.P.A. member
                              CHAC #1520

Comment

Working...
                              X