Thread: Fish Bite Blood Worms

Fish Bite Blood Worms

I have been reading that some of us use them. I have used many of the FB products with much success, I now have a couple bags of worms waiting to be put into action over t-week.

Question is do you use the entire worm, or cut it up?

Cut it into small pieces. It doesn't take much

Excellent thanks

Find the bag that doesn't have the white powder on the it. It doesn't work as good as the all red ones.

Originally posted by CrawFish
    Find the bag that doesn't have the white powder on the it. It doesn't work as good as the all red ones.
    Interesting, I would have thought it would wash off. Plenty of time to order the non-powdered. I think those would be the non-alternative variety.

He we go shopping I can hear my wife now...

Hey crawfish,

Is there a different name for the product (non-powdered worms). I was just looking around on fishbites site, and all I can find is the $7.50 bag I bought.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Fishbites

There's no difference in the red or white powder'd looking Fishbites that I'm aware of. They both turn bright red as soon as they hit the water and seem to work equally well.

I think the pale powdery looking Fishbites is just a manufacturing quirk. The red ones look better but I think it's just an appearance thing. I acquired a supply of Fishbites last year. Some of them were pale looking and others were bright red. I called Fishbites about storage limitations and they said they'd be fine for a long time as long as I kept them in the refrigerator. I went one step further and vaccuum bagged them and then put them in the fridge. That was last year. This year the red ones are still red and the pale ones are still pale so it doesn't look like the pale ones are "old" stock. When I use them next year they'll be close to two years old. It'll be interesting to see how they work then.
    The number of fish that hit your bait is directly proportional to how close you are to the rod.....

What size/type hook do you use?

creek

hook size depends on species of fish you are targeting
    for more info on fishbites go to the web site www.fishbites.com
    there are a number of menu items you can check, including how to store them & "expiration" dates - Warden is correct in keeping his the frig.
    there is a FAQ section there that may cover some of the other ??s you may have.
    i also found it interesting that there are different products for different water temps
    creek- go to site-reccommended hook sizes are there too.
    Last edited by judyk; 11-03-2006 at 02:15 PM.
    say what you mean & mean what you say
    fishinmama
    OBPA member
    NCBBA member # 12574
    DMS #2572

Well, a guy fished next to me told me the powdered ones are the older batch and not as good. He also said he got the info from the fishbites ref. I was fishing on avalonpier couple of weeks ago, the guy next to me pull out one bag all red and my bag was powdered. He outcatched me by 10 to 1. I hope I'm wrong with this info, as I have a couple of bags that I don't want to throw away yet.

Re: creek

Originally posted by judy krisukas
    i also found it interesting that there are different products for different water temps
    Hey there Judy - I have use the warm water ones in water less than 65 degrees with success. I have used the cold water ones with the water below 65 degrees - got skunked.

I think the temp has something to do with how quickly the bites dissolve and release whatever it is they release. So I am not sold on the water temp thing yet.

Anyone else?

fibulb

we have also used the warm water red bloodworms with great success. have not tried any of the cold water baits yet...but may consider for new jersey fishing.
    those red worms really kick a$$
    fishinmama
    OBPA member
    NCBBA member # 12574
    DMS #2572

Re: fibulb

Originally posted by judy krisukas
    those red worms really kick a$$
    That is good to hear or read as the case may be. Have you ever fished them under a rattle rig or popper, that's what they call them in S.C.?

So they say pop the float, the rattling noise attracts them and the fish picks up the scent. you could attach the "worm" to a jig head which is under the float as well. Just curious.

Fish bites are awesome, I didn't know about the powderless ones, had great luck with the powder blood worms, you can re use the same piece a few times, try to keep the baits your not using dry or they will start to fall apart.
    One last cast Val....
    OBPA member

have used them only in HI - basically off the north avon beach for pompano, but also got some croakers & mullet & spot with 'em-had a fish on every cast--all 4 of us--nobody got skunked.
    we fished where we saw the sand fleas & BTW, found using a piece of fish bite & a flea to be even more effective for the pomps....so don't see any reason why you couldn't try using them along with your poppers
    there is another thread titled Berkley Gulp Saltwater Baits ... you may want to access it for even more info on artificial baits.
    fishinmama
    OBPA member
    NCBBA member # 12574
    DMS #2572

big red

here's a post that details what folks had to say about the GULPS earlier
    http://www.reddrumtackle.com/forums/...&threadid=8342
    fishinmama
    OBPA member
    NCBBA member # 12574